What is Personal Safety?
The ability to look after yourself, to be aware of your surroundings, to feel safe, to feel empowered, to feel confident, being able to adapt to any given situation.
To have the physical and mental freedom from another person or people of:
- Harm or suggestion of harm
- Communication skills
- Attitude and behaviour
Why is Personal Safety Important?
Have you ever encountered a challenging situation?
Are you aware of the importance of personal safety within the social and working environment?
Are you trained in effective communication and behaviour strategies?
Would you know how to de‐escalate the stages of conflict?
Do young people understand the challenges that they may face now and in the future?
You need personal safety skills to feel empowered and in control and know that you are able to deal effectively with a situation.
What do our Programmes Achieve?
- Understanding communication & behaviour strategies
- Positive assertiveness in the workplace
- Ability to understand body language.
- Conflict resolution strategies
- Improved self esteem and confidence
- Active listening skills
Who are our programmes for?
Corporate & Public Sector
Incorporating aspects of communication & behaviour strategies, positive assertiveness in the workplace, body language, conflict resolution strategies to enhance the wellbeing of staff and enhance internal and external relations.
- Have you ever encountered a challenging situation?
- Are you appropriately trained in effective communication skills?
- Would you know how to de-escalate the stages of conflict?
- Are you aware of the importance of personal safety within the working environment?
Education & Transition Year
The Student PSA programme (Personal Safety & Awareness programme) is an invaluable aspect of student development, beneficial to all students moving on through the school senior cycle, third level education and throughout their adult life.
Incorporating aspects of self-defence, personal awareness, attitude and behaviour which will develop a student’s life skills.
Student Personal Safety
- Increased awareness of how your attitude and your behaviour affects you AND others
- Improved Self Esteem and Confidence
- Active Listening Skills
- Enhanced Communication Skills
- Knowledge of personal safety moves and techniques
of parents say their child has told them they were bullied
of college students reported unwanted sexual experience
of SNAs assaulted by children
of principals suffered physical abuse
Personal Safety Ireland
Personal Safety Ireland deliver tailored programmes and workshops to enable people to be aware of their environment giving students, principals, teachers, managers, employees and business owner the tools and skills to be empowered . These theoretical and practical programmes are relevant and concise providing techniques to assist all people in all sectors, should the need arise, to deal with a changing situation in a safe and effective manner.